While it’s sad to see the Summer go, there is something to be said for those crisp Fall mornings, sunny afternoons and beautiful Fall colors. Now is the time to enjoy this beautiful season in all it’s glory, before Winter takes it away.
While there are still many fun fall activities you can enjoy outdoors, there will be more days and nights when the weather is cold and wet, so we have listed plenty of indoor activities you can enjoy with the whole family!
Outdoor Fall Activities
- Visit a Fall Festival in your community
- Collect colorful Autumn leaves and pine cones in the park. Use them for a fall centerpiece or a wreath.
- Pick-your-own apples in a local apple orchard and use them to make apple pie or caramel apples.
- Visit a pumpkin patch! Kids love picking out their own pumpkins to create a jack-o-lantern! Pick out a pumpkin patch that offers a corn maze and hay rides. Be Be sure to save the seeds to make roasted pumpkin seeds!
- Go on a hay ride
- Visit a corn maze
- Jump in a leaf pile
- Collect leaves for pressing, making a wreath or garland.
- Make bird feeders to hang around the yard or outside retirement homes.
- Make a scarecrow using hay and old clothes. For the head use a (carved) pumpkin or stuff an old sheet or pillow case with hay and mold in a round shape.
- Visit a family farm.
- Plant bulbs (like tulips) for next Spring.
- Take a walk as a family and enjoy the pretty Fall colors.
- Visit a Fall Fair or Oktoberfest. It’s fun for the whole family; eat delicious foods, dance and buy handmade crafts.
- Plan a scavenger hunt.
- Visit a Haunted House
Indoor Fall Activities
- Bake an apple pie.
- Watch a family movie on the couch under a warm blanket while enjoying a cup of hot chocolate.
- Decorate the family living room with pumpkins, leaves and acorns.
- Make pumpkin soup or bread.
- Make caramel apples
- Bake a pumpkin pie from scratch.
- Carve a pumpkin.
- Make your own Halloween decorations
- Play board games with the whole family
- Make an Autumn wreath using natural materials such as leaves & pine cones
- Host a party
- Buy a new book and give yourself some cozy me-time (think blanket, candles, fireplace)
- Make apple cider
- Paint pine cones in pretty or crazy colors
- Make stove-top popcorn
- Make homemade Chili
- Bake and decorate cookies
- Watch football with the family and make yummy snacks like popcorn.
- Make your own Halloween costumes and let the kids help.
Fall is beautiful season to celebrate. Enjoy this season with your family to create memories and traditions for years to come!
- 9 Ways To Encourage Kids To Play Outside
- 8 Activities to Stimulate Your Infant’s Growth and Development
- How To Stop Your Child From Bragging
- 10 Tips For Building Self Esteem in Children
- 7 Top Tips for Organizing Toy Clutter
- How To Boost Your Child’s Emotional Intelligence
- 12 Ways to Prevent Choking in Young Kids
- How to Help Your Child Overcome Shyness