Each woman, young or old, loves to feel beautiful. Taking care of your skin and making sure that you feel good about your appearance is often a major factor in how you look and feel about yourself. Having clear skin is going to be a priority and there are many products out there that claim to help you get the skin that you have been dreaming of. However, instead of spending tons of money on laser treatments, chemical peels or even surgical procedures, there are ways that you can alter your diet so that you can really have beautiful skin.
There are a lot of people who are learning more about just how beneficial a quality diet can be not only for your overall well being but also in the way that you look. Processed foods, chemical additives, tons of fats and a lot of sweets are going to not only add pounds to your body but you are going to notice big changes in your complexion. Simply tweaking your diet and putting forth a better daily menu filled with vitamins, minerals and raw food options will help you to improve both your skin the the way that you feel overall.
Looking for these nutrient rich foods make for a perfect way to help your skin look younger and fresher:
– Anthocyanins are beneficial antioxidants that you can find in a variety of purple and red fruits and vegetables such as blueberries, pomegranates, cherries, blood oranges and red cabbage. These wonderful anthocyanins are just right for promoting a healthy flow of blood to the skin while also helping to protect against harmful UV (ultraviolet) damage.
– Foods that are made with whole grains are going to give you a great balance of your blood sugar and insulin. Such foods as brown rice and whole wheat are great for promoting a good platform in your body that can work to cut down on the appearance of acne and having less sugar in your system will help to promote the growth of the collagen that your skin needs to keep looking young and fresh. Collagen works hand in hand with keratin to make your skin flexible, strong and resilient to damage.
– Fresh tomatoes are going to give you a lot of beneficial nutrients, including lycopene. This incredible ingredient is known for being a powerful antioxidant that can help to reduce a lot of the hormones that are known for being the cause of acne. In addition to that, tomatoes and the lycopene within have shown to promote smoother skin in a number of studies.
– Not only is green tea delicious and versatile, but it is just right for fighting acne as it lowers the production of a hormone known as DHT that is a major culprit known to cause acne.
– Omega 3 fatty acids are a miracle nutrient that you can find in fresh fish or flax-seed that works within the body to reduce the amount of sebum or oil that is produced where acne is present.
– Look for foods that are very high in Vitamin C, such as strawberries, oranges, lemons and kiwi fruit as they are all great for detoxifying the system to clear the complexion and they can work to fight wrinkles.
– Proper hydration is another important factor when it comes to a great complexion. A body that is not hydrated properly will usually have skin that is lifeless and dull looking, so get your 8 glasses of h2o a day!
The bottom line is, when you want to improve your complexion, there is a lot that can be done simply by working on the foods that you are eating on a regular basis. A better diet will mean a better complexion in the long run.