How to Get Sleek, Shiny Hair
If you have frizzy or curly hair, you probably want nothing more than to have sleek, shiny hair. If this describes you, you’ll be glad to learn the following hints for getting sleek hair.
Tips for Getting Sleek Hair
* Begin with a good haircut. Your hair is never going to look sleek and shiny if it has split ends. In fact, split ends will only make your hair look frizzy. Plan to have your hair trimmed whenever you begin seeing split ends to keep frizzy hair at bay.
* Get a style that suits your face. Some people look great with long, straight hair. It’s not the best style for everyone. Even if you have curly hair it can be cut in a flattering way to make it look healthy.
* If your hair is very curly or frizzy you may want to use a chemical relaxer, particularly around your face.
* Anti Frizz gel (such as John Frieda’s Frizz Ease) can do wonders to help your curly hair seem less frizzy. It doesn’t take a large amount of gel; a dime-sized amount is more than enough when massaged into damp hair.
* Those wanting super-straight hair may want to use a flat iron. Use a thermal protection spray to protect your hair against the heat, divide your hair into two-inch sections and use the flat iron on dry hair.
* Hair masks will also help tame frizzy hair. Apply a hair mask once a week to replace moisture and provide deep conditioning for hair that tends to be fly-away.
Homemade Hair Masks for Sleek Hair
Commercial products can give you the sleek, shiny hair you desire. You can also get some of the same results by creating homemade hair products. Hair products at the store can be as little as $10 per bottle or considerably higher. These hair masks you can make at home will be considerably less expensive and more natural.
Avocado Hair Mask Recipe
Mash an avocado up and mix it with one tablespoon olive oil and one teaspoon of baking powder. Mix this together well and apply it to your hair, making sure everything is covered. For the best result you’ll want to leave this on your hair for at least 15 to 20 minutes before you wash your hair with a gentle shampoo.
Mayonnaise Hair Mask Recipe
Mayonnaise mixed with eight mashed strawberries will condition your hair when massaged into clean, damp hair. After you have the mask on your hair, use a shower cap or plastic wrap to cover your hair followed by a warm towel. Leave this on your hair for at least 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it out when you shampoo and condition your hair.
Foods & Supplements for Sleek Hair
Increasing your vitamin E intake can also make your hair more shiny and beautiful. Add leafy green vegetables, nuts, brown rice or wheat germ to your diet, or take a supplement.
There are several ways to get the sleek, shiny hair you want. You can use the hints above to smooth your hair and make it shine. Then you won’t have to worry about curly or frizzy hair any longer.
Nice tips, now that Valentine is just few days away, unfortunately we wont have one this year as our election is on that day, i would have tried these tips
Casting your vote is important, but I hope you will have some time left to enjoy Valentine’s day. After all spending time with loved ones is also important.
BTW love your site!
Thanks for stopping by!