This quick easy Chicken Chow Mein recipe is a great way to get an amazing dinner on the table when you’re short on time. It’s flavorful dish that the whole family will enjoy!
Table of Contents
Chicken Chow Mein Ingredients
2 packs Yaki-Soba Chow Mein Noodles
1 lb. Chicken Breast cut into strips
1/2 cup White Onion, diced
1/4 – 1/2 cup sliced Carrots
1 Celery stalk, sliced thin
5 Green Onions, green part cut into 2″ pieces
1.5 tbsp Oyster Sauce
1 tbsp Garlic, minced
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
Chicken Marinade Ingredients
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1/2 tsp White Pepper
1/2 tsp Cornstarch
2 tbsp Water
1. Add the chicken breast strips to a bowl and sprinkle in corn starch, soy sauce, white pepper and water. Stir until combined and cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Cook a pot of water til boiling point and turn of the heat.
Take the noodles out of the package, separate them and add to pot of hot water. Use a wooden spoon to break them up a bit and leave to stand for 3 minutes and strain.
3. Heat a wok to medium-high heat and add some cooking oil. Add chicken and stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes.
Remove chicken from the wok and put it in a bowl.
4. Clean the wok with a bit of water and use a towel to dry. Heat some oil in the wok and add the onions. Stir for a minute.
5. Add the celery and sliced carrots and keep stirring to prevent the veggies from sticking to the wok. After a few minutes add the garlic.
6. Add the strained noodles to the wok and stir to combine with the rest of the ingredients.
7. Next, add the oyster sauce and soy sauce mix thoroughly. Keep moving the food around the wok to prevent sticking. Add more oil if needed.
8. Lastly, add the chicken, combine and add the green onions. Heat through for a few more minutes and serve.
Easy Chicken Chow Mein Recipe
This dish makes a delicious side dish for 4 or a main meal for 2