This easy shrimp salad recipe makes the perfect summer salad recipe for lunch/dinner or a nice BBQ side dish. A creamy, smooth dressing with a zesty lemon kick makes this dish a winner with family and friends.
Easy Shrimp Salad Recipe Ingredients
1.5 lbs. Large Shrimp, peeled and de-veined
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
Zest of a lemon
Lemon juice from 1 half
1 stalk Celery, diced small
2 tsp fresh Dill
1/4 cup Red Onion, diced small
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Add the shrimp to a bowl and mix in olive oil, pepper and kosher salt.
3. Line an oven tray with a baking sheet and spread the shrimp on top of it. Bake in the oven for 5-7 minutes till slightly colored not cooked. When done let the shrimp cool on the tray.
4. Add mayo, mustard, lemon zest, lemon juice to a bowl and use a whisk to mix it the dressing well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Use a tong to transfer the shrimp to a bowl and pour the dressing on top. Add half of the celery, red onion and dill and fold in with a spatula.
6. To serve add some lettuce leaves to a bowl and spoon in the creamy shrimp. Garnish with the rest of the celery, red onion and dill.
Easy Shrimp Salad Recipe Variations
- Add some creole spices to the shrimp marinade in step 2 for delicious Creole shrimp.
- Use a tortilla and turn it into a wrap.
- Use the lettuce leaves to wrap up the salad for a low carb lunch idea.